ART LAW SCHOOL
ART LAW SCHOOL: A SIX-WEEK COURSE
The focus of the ART LAW SCHOOL is to introduce the artist to the “must-know” legal and business issues that arise when making art. More importantly, this course will provide the artist with methods on how to set up and organize their practice; how to operate their practice; and how to protect their artwork and projects.
Topics Covered include:
- Business Entities & Employment Law: What Kind of Business?
- Intellectual Property: Copyright, Trademark, Right of Publicity
- Contracts, Agreements, Negotiation Strategies
- Fundraising: Donations & Public Purpose Projects
- Free Speech & Right of Privacy
This course is open to all visual artists, architects, filmmakers, and two and three-dimensional designers. The course starts October 10, 2012.
The Art Law School is co-sponsored by the Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance and the New Art Dealers Alliance. The Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an outreach partner of The Law Office of Sergio Muñoz Sarmiento.
Tags: agreements, art law school, artists, Contracts, Copyright, employment law, fiscal sponsorships, Free Speech, galleries, intellectual property, right of privacy, right of publicity, sergio munoz sarmiento, trademarks